All of us here at ServiceMaster of Salem would like to wish you and your families a very safe and happy Thanksgiving! We know that the holidays can be stressful with food prep and getting your home ready for all of your family and sometimes friends as well, so we have compiled a list of tips below on how keep your home safe while you prep and visit with your family.
- Remain in the kitchen when cooking on the stove-top to keep an eye on the food.
- Stay inside the home when cooking turkey and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay three feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children by placing them up high in a locked cabinet.
- Make sure all smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
- The National Fire Prevention Association also discourages the use of outdoor, gas-fueled turkey fryers.
Salem: 503-585-4017 + Corvallis/Albany: 541-738-4624 + Lincoln Co.: 541-996-2255
On Black Friday, we will also enjoy our state’s college football rivalry football game when The Oregon Ducks take on the Oregon State Beavers in the 122nd Civil War. We had a busy week last week, as we hosted three separate Civil War Parties to celebrate this fun rivalry. We held parties at each of our three locations: Corvallis on Wednesday, Lincoln City on Thursday, and finally, Salem on Friday. All three parties were a huge success and everyone in attendance had a lot of fun. Many went home with prizes, the big winners taking home either a pair of Civil War Tickets, or a Duck or Beaver themed Traeger Grill. We would like to thank everyone who attended each party and below are some pictures from the parties.
Toys For Tots
At all three of our events, we held a toy drive for less fortunate children in all of the communities we service. This morning, Paco delivered an entire ServiceMaster van full of toys to The Kroc Center here in Salem for the Marine’s Toys for Tots Foundation. There will be a lot of happy children on Christmas morning now, and we would like to thank all of our guests who made this possible and donated toys.